EMI Canada is seeking a Structural Engineer Project Leader to join our team in Canada, leading and completing overseas design projects, and contributing to the overall mission of EMI Canada. Project Leaders are the face of EMI to our ministry clients and the volunteers who participate in our ministry. They share their talents and experience with others, and lead others into doing design work as Christ's disciples.
Project Leaders bring to the table professional experience; commitment to appropriate, sustainable design; familiarity with crossing cultures; and a vibrant walk with Christ. They have an unique opportunity to influence and invest in international and local design professionals, and EMI's student interns.
Join our EMI Canada team and use your profession to serve others!
In addition to the typical EMI Staff prerequisites, candidates for this position must have:
- Participated on an EMI Project Trip within the last 12 months
- Willingness and ability to relocate to Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- BS in Structural Engineering or similar field
- Professional license to practice
- Demonstrated leadership experience, with ability to mentor others and effectively lead teams
- Ability to travel internationally 2-3 times per year for trips of up to 15 days each
- Working knowledge of computers and demonstrated experience in the use of standard business productivity and design software
The following are essential responsbilities of the Project Leader position:
- Communicate and coordinate project details, travel details, and project expenses with client ministry representative
- Recruit volunteer design team members and prepare them for trips
- Train and mentor project intern(s) as necessary before, during, and after the project for the duration of the term
- Manage all project logistics and project finances; lead and support project team while on project trip
- Follow EMI's Project Leader Checklist and procedures before, during, and after trip
- Coordinate design so that it is correct, to the appropriate level of detail, and complete on-schedule
- Engage in spiritual and professional development through EMI's programs and opportunities
- Assist with EMI Canada fundraising and promotional initiatives as required