Operating since 1998, the EMI India office serves a diverse range of clients in all regions of India as well as other South Asian nations. Recent projects include hospitals, schools, children’s homes, ministry centres and transformational businesses. Recently we have received project interest from more than 10 mission hospitals for design work.
EMI India desires an experienced Architecture Project Leader to join its team in New Delhi. The current staff includes a mix of architects and engineers, from India and from abroad. The primary responsibility of the role will be leading design projects for Indian clients including mission hospitals. This involves leading multi-disciplinary teams to the project site, and managing the production of the project in the office. Other responsibilities will include project development activities and detailed design of selected projects.
Whilst this position is based in New Delhi, it will require semi-regular travel for projects around India (once in ~3 months). Work is primarily in English, but a basic level of Hindi is required to live successfully in Delhi. There will be a period of full time Hindi study for 3-6 months before starting project.
- Participated in a recent EMI Project Trip
- BS in Architecture with professional license preferred
- 5-10 years of relevant experience in architecture; preferably within healthcare
- Demonstrated leadership experience with the ability to mentor others and lead design teams
- Strong track record of success in project leadership or project management
The following are essential responsibilities for the Project Leader position:
- Spiritual and professional discipleship through EMI’s programs and opportunities
- Recruit project team members and prepare them for trips
- Encourage and counsel client ministry
- Coordinate project design considering multi-disciplinary functions, level of detail, cultural appropriateness, and sustainability, while meeting schedule constraints