Operating since 1998, the EMI India office serves a diverse range of clients in all regions of India as well as other South Asian nations. Active projects include hospital expansion feasibility studies, children’s homes and school campus designs, Business as Mission manufacturing facilities and more.
EMI India desires a 15+ years experienced architect to join its team for 6-12 months in 2019. The current staff includes a good mix of architects and engineers, from India and from abroad, most in their first 5-10 years of their career. Due to a few of the staff being out of the office for parts of 2019, there is a need for an experienced architect to join the team to keep projects moving and to invest significant time in the professional mentoring of the existing staff.
The position will be based in EMI’s office in New Delhi, with frequent travel (once in 2 months) to project locations. The office works in English, and you can also get by while travelling with just a few phrases of Hindi, so no need for extensive language learning. Spouses / families can also be included as there are plenty of local ministry opportunities and a nearby international school.
In addition to the typical EMI Staff / Associate Staff prerequisites, candidates for this position must have:
- 15+ years of architecture experience
- Desire to train and mentor younger staff
- Previous EMI volunteer (or longer) experience
The following are essential responsibilities for this position:
- Spiritual and professional discipleship through EMI’s programmes and opportunities.
- Participation on concept design teams as project architect
- Performs / oversees production of architectural work in office
- Leads architectural design for select projects / in house work