Operating since 1998, the EMI India office serves a diverse range of clients in all regions of India as well as other South Asian nations. Active projects include hospital expansion feasibility studies, children’s homes and school campus designs, Business as Mission manufacturing facilities and more. Recently we have received project interest from more than 10 hospitals for design work.
EMI India desires an experienced Healthcare Architecture Project Leader to join its team in New Delhi. The current staff includes a good mix of architects and engineers, from India and from abroad, most in their first 5-10 years of their career. The primary responsibility of the position will be a project leader of conceptual design projects for Indian mission hospitals. This involves leading multi-disciplinary teams to the project site, and managing the production of the project back in the office. Other responsibilities will include project development activities and detailed design of select projects.
This role will be based in New Delhi and will require somewhat regular travel for projects around India (once in ~3 months). We work in English, but a basic level of Hindi is required to live successfully in Delhi. There will be a period of full time Hindi study for 3-6 months before starting project.
Compensation: This opportunity is a support-based, self-fund-raised position.
- BS in Architecture with professional license preferred.
- 5-10 years relevant experience in healthcare architecture.
- Demonstrated leadership experience with the ability to mentor others and lead design teams.
- Strong track record of success in project leadership or project management
The following are essential responsibilities for the Project Leader position:
- Spiritual and professional discipleship through EMI’s programs and opportunities.
- Recruit project team members and prepare them for trips.
- Encourage and counsel client ministry.
- Coordinate design so that it is correct, to the appropriate level of detail, and complete on-schedule.
- Follow EMI's Project Leader checklist and procedures before, during, and after trip.