Mid-August to Mid-December
- Civil Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Construction Management
As a part of the EMI Cambodia intern program you will:
- Gain experience under the guidance of licensed engineers
- Undertake appropriate research, assess complex problems and refine design solutions for clients
- Document the design process in a project report
- Develop professional and software skills such as Excel, AutoCAD, SketchUp, critical thinking, technical writing, and surveying
- Gain practical work experience in your technical field and Christian ministry – simultaneously!
Phnom Penh, the capital of Cambodia, was once known as the “Pearl of Asia” - a model of successful growth and modernization. After civil wars in the 1970's, Cambodia has made strides to recover the lost years, driving rapid development and urbanization. EMI Cambodia hopes to join this effort, sharing our design & construction knowledge to see the Kingdom of Cambodia prosper. During your term, you will have a one-week holiday to see the vast countryside, relax in the beautiful beachside town of Kep, or explore the ancient wonder of Angkor Wat. This term takes place during the monsoon season where daily showers can be expected, but usually don’t keep people from carrying on as usual. You will also get to experience the local holidays of Pchum Bun and the water festival of Bon Om Touk. With a packed weekend of boat races on the local river front, Phnom Penh sees its largest influx of local tourists.
We invite you to come and share this season of your life with EMI Cambodia!