EMI Cambodia is one of the newest EMI locations serving the Southeast Asia region. Within just one year of operation, EMI Cambodia has grown from 8 staff to 16 staff completing 15 projects for 6 different client organisations.
Cambodia has been experiencing a period of rapid development and urbanization. With this, a still recovering education system, and a young & growing church; Cambodia is ripe for the ministry of EMI. EMI Cambodia staff work for the EMI-affiliated company, Petram Cambodia. As a business, Petram upholds the vision, mission, and core values of EMI. Petram Cambodia has a specific focus to cultivate all staff to be influential leaders in their homes, churches, and communities.
Our team is diverse with a mix of nationalities and skills that is brought to our designs and office culture. An architect at EMI Cambodia will be very involved in the professional mentoring of our young Cambodian architects. Often including the traditional, local design components with more modern or western ideas, EMI architects need to navigate local culture to provide appropriate designs while remaining cost effective for our ministry clients.
In addition to the typical EMI Staff / Associate Staff prerequisites, candidates for this position must have:
- Bachelor's degree in architecture, engineering, or related field (professional license preferred).
- 5+ years of relevant experience in architecture.
- Willing and able to relocate to Cambodia and learn the Khmer language (min. 6 months).
- Working knowledge and demonstrated experience in AutoCAD and SketchUp.
- Strong leadership and ability to lead multi-national, multi-discipline teams.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain schedules.
The following are essential responsibilities for this position:
- Spiritual and professional discipleship through EMI’s programmes and opportunities.
- Directly manages the development of architectural designs and preliminary construction details.
- Ensures architectural design work is completed on time and adheres to the established specifications and standards.
- Prepare sketches, production drawings, and detailed drawings by hand or using computer-aided design (CAD) software.
- Communication designs and cost estimates to those involved in the project, including clients, engineers, quantity surveyors, landscape architects, interior design, urban and regional planners.
- Travel domestically or internationally 2-3 times a year for 3-14 days at a time for project work.