EMI Cambodia is one of the newest EMI locations serving the Southeast Asia region. Within just one year of operation, Petram Cambodia has grown from 8 staff to 16 staff and completing 15 projects for 6 different client organisations.
Cambodia has been experiencing a period of rapid development and urbanization. With this, a still recovering education system, and a young & growing church; Cambodia is ripe for the ministry of EMI. EMI Cambodia staff work for the EMI-affiliated company, Petram Cambodia. As a business, Petram upholds the vision, mission, and core values of EMI. Petram Cambodia has a specific focus to cultivate all staff to be influential leaders in their homes, churches, and communities.
Our team is diverse with a mix of nationalities and skills that is brought to our designs and office culture. A project leader at EMI Cambodia will be very involved in leading multicultural multi-discipline teams. EMI project leaders must be able to interact and effectively communicate with diverse clients who may be undertaking their first design and construction project. Often including the traditional local design components with more modern or western ideas, EMI project leaders need to navigate local culture to provide appropriate designs while remaining cost effective for our ministry clients. Project leaders will join in the professional mentoring of our young Cambodian design professionals.
In addition to the typical EMI Staff / Associate Staff prerequisites, candidates for this position must have:
- Participated on an EMI Project Trip within last 12 months.
- Willing and able to relocate to Cambodia and learn the Khmer language.
- BS in Architecture, Engineering or Construction-related field with 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated leadership experience with the ability to mentor others and lead design teams.
- Proficient in programs such as: Word, Excel, MS Project, Outlook, Power Point, and AutoCAD.
The following are essential responsibilities for this position:
- Spiritual and professional discipleship through EMI’s programmes and opportunities.
- Recruit project team members and prepare them for trips.
- Lead multicultural and multidisciplinary teams professionally and spiritually.
- Coordinate designs so that it is correct, to the appropriate level of detail, and completed on-schedule.
- Encourage and counsel clients in the design and construction process.
- Travel domestically or internationally 2-3 times a year for 3-14 days at a time for project work.