EMI MENA is looking to add two project leaders to help them continue to carry our projects and ministry across the MENA region. EMI MENA established a design consulting firm in 2010 to serve the Middle East / North Africa region. The office is committed to serving Christian ministries through its design services, while also being a witness in an area not open to traditional ministry avenues. Project Leaders are the face of EMI to our ministry clients and the volunteers who participate in our ministry. They are not only design professionals, but disciples of Christ who God has called into EMI's ministry. They share their talents and experience with others, and lead others into doing design work as the disciples of Jesus.
Working with Christian ministries and ministry leaders, EMI Project Leaders have a unique opportunity to influence Christian leadership and set vision in order through the exercise of the design professions. They ask questions and listen well, and are committed to appropriate, sustainable design. They are familiar with crossing cultures and seek to encourage and bless, and invite others to do the same. They invest in EMI's student interns as the future of EMI, and they involve and work well with international and local design professionals.
EMI MENA sits amongst some of the least reached people groups in the world. Join our team to serve others by combining your profession with your heart for the nations!
In addition to the typical EMI Staff prerequisites, candidates for this position must have:
- Participated on an EMI Project Trip within last 12 months.
- Willing and able to relocate to the MENA region.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience.
- BS in Engineering, Architecture, or Construction-related field.
- Professional license to practice.
- Demonstrated leadership experience.
- Ability to travel internationally 2-3 times per year for trips of up to 15 days each.
The following are essential responsibilities for the Project Leader position:
- Spiritual and professional discipleship through EMI’s programs and opportunities.
- Recruit project team members and prepare them for trips.
- Pastor team members while on trips.
- Encourage and counsel client ministry.
- Coordinate design so that it is correct, to the appropriate level of detail, and complete on-schedule.
- Follow EMI's Project Leader checklist and procedures before, during, and after trip.