The new EMI Mexico office is launching and officially starting operations in January 2022 with a vision to serve the Latin American church, reach diverse communities and impact a growing design professional sector.
The office is located in Ensenada, Baja California where there is a high concentration of young engineers with the desire to learn and master surveying as it is constantly expanding in technology and provides a steady flow of work to this sector. EMI Mexico is looking for an experienced surveyor to join and provide overall surveying input across different types of projects and establish a surveying practicum to train up younger engineers who can either take part in the future EMI team or dedicate their skills to serving elsewhere.
In addition to the typical EMI Staff prerequisites, candidates for this position must have:
- EMI Project trip experience.
- 8+ years of relevant work experience.
- BS Civil Engineering, AAS Surveying degree, or similar credentials.
- Willingness to relocate to Ensenada, Mexico.
- Ability to travel internationally 1-2 times per year for project trips.
- Basic knowledge of Spanish or willingness to learn.
- Working knowledge of computers, experience in the use of Microsoft office and software relevant to his discipline
The following are essential responsibilities for the Civil Engineer position:
- Spiritual and professional discipleship through EMI's programs.
- Plan and implement a surveyor training program in colaboration with EMI staff and local Universities.
- Provide survey support, analysis and drafting on projects.
- Perform surveying review and consultation.
- Help to develop and maintain surveying standards for EMI Mexico projects.