Operating since 2016, the EMI Senegal office has the desire to reach the peoples of West Africa, by providing design and construction services for Christian organisations that are involved in relief and development efforts in the name of Jesus Christ. This small but growing office has already provided conceptual and detailed designs for different ministries across several countries in the region. These have included a Christian Secondary School, master plans for a theological college, construction details for an aircraft hangar as well as a training centre for a church community and a ministry centre and housing for Christian workers.
EMI believes in appropriate design, cultural diversity in their office teams and professional and spiritual discipleship. This is reflected in EMI employees being responsible for representing EMI, both in a professional manner and as an ambassador to the greater EMI mission and Christian faith, including active engagement in the spiritual life of EMI, engaging in the sharing of the truths of the Bible, prayer, fellowship, and participating in the personal and spiritual development of others.
EMI Senegal is currently seeking an experienced Architecture Project Leader to join its team in Saly, Senegal. The current staff includes a mix of civil and structural engineers and construction managers from the US and Ireland.
- Compensation: This opportunity is a support-based, self-fund-raised position.
- BS or equivalent in Architecture with professional license preferred.
- 2-5+ years relevant experience in a francophone working environment where projects are published in French.
- Demonstrated leadership experience with the ability to mentor others and lead design teams.
- Working knowledge of personal computers with demonstrated experience in the use of such programs as: Word, Excel, MS Project, Outlook, Power Point, AutoCAD and Revit
- Perform architectural design, drafting and consultation on projects from the concept stage all the way through to construction administration.
- Follow EMI's Project Leader checklist and procedures before, during, and after trip.
- Recruit project team members and prepare them for trips.
- Coordinate design so that it is correct, to the appropriate level of detail, and completed on-schedule.
- Encourage and counsel client ministries that are partnering with EMI Senegal.
- Contribute to the development of a standard architectural practice at EMI, including sustainability approaches, appropriate technologies, CAD standards, specifications, etc.
- Participate in spiritual and professional discipleship through EMI’s programmes and opportunities.
- Represent EMI Senegal through engagement with West African architectural firms and university programs to advance strategic initiatives.