In fifteen years since its establishment, EMI Uganda’s Design program has grown, learned, and adapted. EMI’s place in the Design and Construction industry is now established, affecting influence and serving our clients with innovation, relevance, and experience. EMI Uganda provides comprehensive design services from concept, through detailed design, to construction administration for ministry partners, all of whom are involved in gospel-proclamation and poverty-alleviation work in the name of Jesus. The Design team combines local and international staff, serving in architectural design, project management, and drafting roles. Staff are based at the EMI Uganda office in Kajjansi, and are occasionally mobilized to project sites for consultation with our partners, or to provide project supervision.
Additionally, employees of EMI are responsible for representing EMI, both in a professional manner and as an ambassador to the greater EMI mission and Christian faith, including active engagement in the spiritual life of EMI, engaging in the sharing of the truths of the Bible, prayer, fellowship, and participating in the personal and spiritual development of others.
EMI Uganda is currently seeking Architects whose desire is to raise the standard of excellence in Uganda’s construction industry through careful, collaborative project execution and through the development of young industry professionals in EMI’s network. The two positions are as follows:
- The Staff Architect (Senior-Level position) is responsible for supervising the architecture team and coordinating production for projects. This includes concept design and construction documentation while managing quality control and scheduling. A professional license and 5+ years of relevant work experience is required. The Staff Architect may also be required to lead project trips requiring the coordination of volunteers to travel domestically and internationally 2-3 times per year up to 14 days each. Compensation: This opportunity is a support-based, self-fund-raised position.
- The Graduate Architect (Graduate-Level position) is responsible for producing as-built, conceptual, schematic, and detailed architectural drawings in coordination with a multi-disciplinary design team; writing design reports; performing field analyses; researching construction materials and practice; and documenting his/her own professional development as required for national professional registration. Compensation: This opportunity is a funded or full stipend-based position.
- BS in Architecture
- Professionally registered or pursuing registration
- 2-5+ years relevant experience
- Working knowledge of personal computers with demonstrated experience in the use of such programs as: Word, Excel, MS Project, Outlook, Power Point, Autocad and Revit
- Perform architectural design, drafting and consultation on projects from the concept stage all the way through construction administration
- Contribute to the development of a standard architectural practice at EMI, including sustainability approaches, appropriate technologies, cad standards, specifications, etc.
- Represent EMI Uganda through engagement with East African architectural firms and university programs to advance strategic initiatives
- Encourage, mentor, and direct architect interns