From its humble beginnings in 2007, EMI Uganda’s Construction Management program has grown to address the needs of EMI’s partners in our region, and its demand from EMI’s partners increasing with its growing reputation. EMI Uganda is currently seeking Construction Managers whose desire is to raise the standard of excellence in Uganda’s construction industry through careful, collaborative project execution and through the professional and spiritual mentoring of young industry professionals.
The scope of EMI Uganda’s construction support services includes cost estimating and other pre-construction services, direct management of construction crews, and appointment and management of general contractors. The Construction Management (CM) team combines local and international staff, serving in a variety of project management and administrative roles. Staff are based either in the EMI Uganda office in Kajjansi, or remotely located on project sites across East Africa.
Our experience in the construction industry in East Africa allows us to recommend a construction approach that best utilises EMI resources and serves the individual needs of project partners. In every project we strive to build an excellent product, but also to build into the lives of the construction workers. Not only does the CM team provide skills training and personal development, but the construction crew is also spiritually nurtured and discipled through a weekly chapel.
- BS in Construction Management, Engineering or similar required
- 5+ years relevant experience and a strong track record of success in construction management roles
- Proven ability to establish and maintain schedules
- Working knowledge of personal computers with demonstrated experience in the use of such programs as: Word, Excel, MS Project, Outlook, Power Point, and Autocad
- Create and maintain construction project schedule and budget
- Produce regular financial reports
- Oversee the procurement of materials, ensuring fair rates and good quality
- Daily inspect the on-site works for safety and quality
- Manage general contractors and/or subcontractors to contract requirements
- Facilitate discipleship activities among the construction crew
- Mentor (professionally and spiritually) early career professionals and technicians