From its humble beginnings in 2003, EMI Uganda’s Design program has grown, learned, and adapted. EMI’s place in the Design and Construction industry is now established, affecting influence and serving our clients with innovation, relevance, and experience. EMI Uganda is currently seeking an Electrical Engineer whose desire is to raise the standard of excellence in Uganda’s construction industry through careful, collaborative project execution and through the development of young industry professionals in EMI’s network.
EMI Uganda provides multi-disciplinary design services including architecture, civil engineering, and structural engineering. The engineering team combines local and international staff, serving in design, project management, and drafting roles. Staff are based at the EMI Uganda office in Kajjansi, working on projects for our ministry partners, all of whom are involved in gospel-proclamation and poverty-alleviation work in the name of Jesus.
Whereas historically EMI Uganda has outsourced its electrical engineering work to remotely-located volunteer engineers, or to paid consultants within Uganda, EMI now realizes the importance of bringing that service in-house. Electrical design capability in-house will also enable EMI Uganda to develop young electrical engineering professionals, mentoring them professionally and spiritually.
- BS in Electrical Engineering, or similar
- 3-4 years relevant experience
- Working knowledge of personal computers with demonstrated experience in the use of such programs as: Word, Excel, MS Project, Outlook, Power Point, and Autocad
- Perform electrical distribution design for masterplanning and building design projects, from concept, through detailed design to construction administration
- Ensure safe and proper operations, adherence to shop drawings, and quality craftsmanship
- Contribute towards the development of a standard electrical design practice at EMI
- Organize, maintain and expand electrical design tools and spreadsheets for EMI
- Establish and participate in opportunities to professionally and spiritually train and develop young electrical engineers in EMI’s network – whether interns, professional volunteers, or new hires