In fifteen years since its establishment, EMI Uganda has grown, learned, and adapted. EMI’s place in the Design and Construction industry is now established, affecting influence and serving our clients with innovation, relevance, and experience. EMI Uganda provides comprehensive design services from concept, through detailed design, to construction administration for ministry partners, all of whom are involved in gospel-proclamation and poverty-alleviation work in the name of Jesus. The Engineering team combines local and international staff, serving in civil/structural design, project management, and drafting roles. Staff are based at the EMI Uganda office in Kajjansi, and are occasionally mobilized to project sites for consultation with our partners, or to provide project supervision.
Additionally, employees of EMI are responsible for representing EMI, both in a professional manner and as an ambassador to the greater EMI mission and Christian faith, including active engagement in the spiritual life of EMI, engaging in the sharing of the truths of the Bible, prayer, fellowship, and participating in the personal and spiritual development of others.
EMI Uganda is currently seeking a Graduate Civil Engineer whose desire is to raise the standard of excellence in Uganda’s construction industry through careful, collaborative project execution and through the development of young industry professionals in EMI’s network.
The Graduate Engineer is responsible for producing as-built, conceptual, schematic, and detailed civil engineering drawings in coordination with a multi-disciplinary design team; writing design reports; performing field analyses; performing detailed calculations backed by relevant building codes; and documenting his/her own professional development as required for national professional registration.
Compensation: This opportunity is a funded or full stipend-based position.
- BS in Civil or Environmental Engineering
- 1-2 years relevant experience
- Working knowledge of personal computers with demonstrated experience in the use of such programs as: Word, Excel, MS Project, Outlook, Power Point, and Autocad
- Perform civil engineering design, calculation and drafting
- Provide engineering review on projects as requested
- Manage questions from our field construction teams related to the drawings, the design and constructability
- Assist engineering interns with production by answering questions and providing guidance in alignment with EMI’s CAD standards and design guidelines