To carry out the ministry of EMI by performing administrative and office support activities for EMI such that it enables and serves the overall ministry of EMI
- Compensation: This opportunity pays $15.00/hour and is a centrally-funded position.
Education and Experience
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 1 year of experience in an office environment required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience working with standard office equipment such as computer, copier, fax, phones, software (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Familiarity with QuickBooks a plus
- Process all checks received by entering into Civi database, verifying against check log prepared by others, assuring each check has been endorsed properly, and depositing to the bank account (via remote scanning or in-person).
- Manage financial batches in the donor system, including verifications between iATS reports and check log spreadsheets and batch report as required and cleaning up “dummy” transactions as needed.
- Batch credit card donations and ACHEFT processed through iATS and prepare for import to QuickBooks
- Create donor receipts on a timely basis (usually at least weekly) and mail to donors in a timely manner
- Edit receipt letter content as requested, complying with IRS requirements regarding donor acknowledgements
- Understand and take primary responsibility for maintaining EMI donor system, making changes as necessary to be most relevant for tracking and communication needs
- Maintain professional and timely communication with donors by telephone, email or in-person by answering questions, sending letters of acknowledgement, informing donors and other responsible staff when donation problems occur, and designate donations correctly
- Track project invoice schedule and keep updated for payments received
- Assist with bookkeeping tasks as needed
- Receptionist duties: answer general phone calls, direct visitors, manage front office contact relationships, order supplies, revise and edit documents, and other office duties
- Receive and sort incoming mail daily
- Assist USA Human Resources Manager as requested to prepare and maintain accurate records, files, and reports, including personnel records
- Process purchases of EMI logo items, receipting payment and informing Finance office
- Oversee routine maintenance of office suite, including primary contact with cleaning service
- Assist with staff event planning (staff week, board meetings, staff special events/parties, etc.)
- Assist Office Director in administrative duties as assigned
- Notary duties
- Assist with budgeting and cost-control process by researching programs and costs for administrative related items including postage, and printing of letterhead, envelopes, receipts, etc.
- Assist with various research projects and special projects
- Maintain office phone directory and emergency contacts
- Various other duties as assigned