To carry out the ministry of EMI through leading, growing and managing EMI’s Architectural team.
In addition to the typical EMI Staff prerequisites, candidates for this position must have:
Education and Experience
- Accredited degree in architecture (Master’s preferred)
- US Professional Registration (preferred with NCARB or similar international registration)
- Experience in team leadership and management strongly preferred
- 5–10 years practical work experience in design and project management
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to think and act strategically at multiple levels
- 5-10 years of collaborative architectural design experience
- Ability to manage and supervise people and projects with humility and confidence, and a relational style that promotes teamwork and unity while advancing planning and implementation in a systematic way
- Adaptable; Able to redirect one’s own and the team’s work priorities and assignments as needed to respond to change
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and working knowledge of design tools such as REVIT, AutoCAD, Photoshop
The following are essential responsibilities for this position:
- Spiritual and professional discipleship through EMI’s programmes and opportunities.
- Cultivate and maintain financial donor support from personal contacts sufficient to fund one’s own salary and/or ministry expenses.
- Architecture Team Management and Development
- Project Leading and Project Management