EMI USA has 40 years of experience serving hundreds of ministry clients around the world. The US office is located in Colorado Springs, CO at the front range of the Rocky Mountains. Our team of around 25 staff run our own design projects, as well as support other EMI offices around the world, assisting them with designs, and caring for American expatriated staff .
The US office provides master planning and concept-level design services on many of our international projects along with owner’s representation in design-build infrastructure projects. EMI USA is a leader in WASH (water, sanitation, and hygiene), Disaster Response, and has become a global leader in mission healthcare design. As one of EMI’s larger offices, EMI USA has a heavy focus on discipleship of young professionals with several interns and fellows throughout the year.
To better meet the current demand of project requests and to expand our ability to serve with architecture around the world, EMI USA is currently seeking an experienced architect to lead, grow, and manage its team in Colorado. This position works alongside other staff to live out the mission of EMI to develop people, design structures, and construct facilities that serve communities and the church.
In addition to the typical EMI Staff prerequisites, candidates for this position must have:
Education and Experience
- Accredited degree in architecture (Master’s preferred)
- US Professional Registration (preferred with NCARB or similar international registration)
- Experience in team leadership and management strongly preferred
- 5–10 years practical work experience in design and project management
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to think and act strategically at multiple levels
- 5-10 years of collaborative architectural design experience
- Ability to manage and supervise people and projects with humility and confidence, and a relational style that promotes teamwork and unity while advancing planning and implementation in a systematic way
- Adaptable; Able to redirect one’s own and the team’s work priorities and assignments as needed to respond to change
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and working knowledge of design tools such as REVIT, AutoCAD, Photoshop
The following are essential responsibilities for this position:
- Spiritual and professional discipleship through EMI’s programmes and opportunities.
- Cultivate and maintain financial donor support from personal contacts sufficient to fund one’s own salary and/or ministry expenses.
- Architecture Team Management and Development
- Project Leading and Project Management