To carry out the ministry of EMI by performing administrative and office support activities for EMI such that it enables and serves the overall ministry of EMI
Education and Experience
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum 1 year of experience in an office environment required
- Experience working with standard office equipment such as computer, copier, fax, phones, software (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
Office Administration (60%)
- Receptionist duties: answer general phone calls, direct visitors, manage front office contact relationships, order supplies, revise and edit documents, and other office duties.
- Attending to organization of mail room, closets, etc.
- Receive and sort incoming mail daily.
- Assist with staff event planning (staff week, board meetings, staff special events/parties, etc.).
- Assist Office Director in administrative duties as assigned.
- Assist with budgeting and cost-control process by researching programs and costs for administrative related items including postage, and printing of letterhead, envelopes, receipts, etc.
- Assist with various research projects and special projects.
- Maintain office phone directory and emergency contacts.
- Various other duties as assigned.
Facility Management (15%)
- Monitoring the safety and cleanliness of interior and exterior areas, such as offices, conference rooms, parking lots and outdoor spaces
- Scheduling routine inspections and emergency repairs with outside vendors
- Ensuring proper security measures for the workplace, including collaborating with security system vendors or a team of security professionals
- Research, communicate, and implement all needed vendor services regarding the building & property of EMI
- Ensuring all utility systems are inspected and in accordance with regulations
- Preparing and filing reports with government and regulatory authorities including environmental permitting
Finance Assistant (10%)
- Create donor receipts on a timely basis (usually at least weekly) and mail to donors in a timely manner.
- Edit receipt letter content as requested, complying with IRS requirements regarding donor acknowledgements.
- Understand and take primary responsibility for maintaining EMI donor system, making changes as necessary to be most relevant for tracking and communication needs.
- Maintain professional and timely communication with donors by telephone, email or in-person by answering questions, sending letters of acknowledgement, informing donors and other responsible staff when donation problems occur, and designate donations correctly.
- Assist with Bookkeeping duties as needed.