EMI South Africa is looking for a structural engineer to join our team in Cape Town. The qualified person will assist our office by providing structural engineering input on projects across Southern Africa.
The South Africa office is committed to serving Christian ministries through design services, and completes work for a large variety of ministry types. Our projects range in complexity from conceptual and master planning level design to full detailed design and construction oversight.
This role will be based in Cape Town, and will require occasional travel for projects mainly within southern Africa. We operate in English both in the office and on project trips.
This opportunity is a support-based, self-fund-raised position.
In addition to the typical EMI Staff prerequisites, candidates for this position must have:
- Willingness and ability to relocate to Cape Town.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience.
- BS in Civil Engineering with a Structural emphasis
- Ability to travel internationally 1-2 times per year for trips of up to 15 days each.
- Working knowledge of personal computers with demonstrated experience in the use of such programs as: Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, and AutoCAD
The following are essential responsibilities for the Structural Engineer position:
- Perform structural engineering design, analysis and drafting on projects both within and outside of South Africa
- Perform structural engineering review and consultation
- Encourage, mentor and direct interns in structural engineering
- Respond to construction administration questions from our field construction teams related to structural engineering design
- Help to develop and maintain structural engineering standards for EMI South Africa projects