Joined EMI: March 2019
Professional Training & Experience
- B.Sc. in Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Alberta, Canada, 2017
- M.Eng. Environmental Engineering, University of Alberta, Canada, 2019
- Engineer in Training (E.I.T.) with Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta (APEGA)
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)
- Intern at EMI Canada, 2017
Connect with Rachel: Rachel.Su@emiworld.org
Rachel’s first mission trip was in 2009. Her school partnered with Youth With A Mission (YWAM). She and her classmates fundraised and went to Mexico to build three homes for three families. It was there that Rachel first realized the impact that we as people can make when we allow ourselves to be used by God.
In 2017, Rachel was called to join the EMI Canada team as an intern. The project trip was a boarding school for students from grades 7-12 in Rwanda. After the internship, Rachel wanted to continue serving with EMI but felt that God was calling her to go back to school to get her master’s degree. God’s timing was impeccable; by the time her degree was completed, EMI had just started the Fellowship Program. Today, she is serving as a Civil/Environmental Engineer-in-Training Fellow with EMI Canada. Her role is to assist in project needs, co-leading project trips, supporting interns, and engage in Biblical courses as part of her spiritual development.
Rachel’s parents, Luke and Grace, raised her and her two younger siblings, Michelle and Isaac, in Calgary. They got to enjoy growing up near the mountains, attending church events, and being part of a supportive community of friends.