The role is principally to research and develop a network of contacts in related design schools in UK universities to promote awareness of the work of EMI UK amongst Christian students in Architecture, Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Civil & Structural), Project Management, Masterplanning and other related design disciplines.
- The role will report directly to the EMI UK Director.
- The position is paid at an hourly rate of £16/hr on presentation of approved timesheets up to a maximum of an average of 10 hours/week for 26 weeks (hours may vary between weeks).
- The position holder will be self-employed.
- Agreed travel expenses can also be claimed at approved rates.
Background information on EMI can be accessed on the website at emiworld.org
Applications by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10th January 2024 to include an indication of your understanding of EMI and your interest in the work and two character referees.
- The successful candidate will be a professing Christian who can sign up to the EMI Statement of Faith and hold the core values of the organisation.
- There will be a requirement for a Safeguarding Check.
- The candidate will be literate and able to engage with students, enthusing them about EMI and the opportunities to participate.
- Prior experience with EMI is desirable.
- Routes to be explored include linking with Christian Unions, Chaplains, IFES staff and directly through the academic schools – as well as exhibiting at student fairs and conferences.
- We would hope a database of contacts can be established for further development.
- The role may involve other desk-based research, assisting with funding applications and other work as may be required from time to time.