January to July
- Civil Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Construction Management
- Graphic Design / Photography
As a part of the EMI Cambodia intern program you will -
- Gain experience under the guidance of licensed engineers
- Undertake appropriate research, assess complex problems and refine design solutions for clients
- Document the design process in a project report
- Develop professional and software skills such as Excel, AutoCAD, SketchUp, critical thinking, technical writing, and Surveying
- Gain practical work experience in your technical field and Christian ministry – simultaneously!
Each term begins with an orientation session where you’ll learn about EMI’s history, vision in Cambodia, and culture. You’ll also get settled in your new home, explore Phnom Penh, and spend time with staff members and their families.
Next, you will spend about a week on a project site somewhere in S.E. Asia. These trips enable the EMI team to spend hands-on time directly with the client, a key step to develop the best design to suit the client’s needs. Although the projects for this term have not been finalized, we anticipate projects such as community centers, schools, water & sanitation development and other ministries. With the help of your mentor, the rest of your internship will be used to support and finalize project trip efforts and also the internal work of EMI Cambodia.
Phnom Penh, the capital of Cambodia, was once known as the “Pearl of Asia” - a model of successful growth and modernization. After civil wars in the 1970's, Phnom Penh and Cambodia have made strides to recover the lost years, driving rapid development and urbanization. EMI Cambodia hopes to come alongside Cambodia, sharing our design & construction knowledge to see the Kingdom of Cambodia prosper.
From this hub you will get to experience the rapidly changing yet gentle culture of the Kingdom of Cambodia. During your term, you will have a one-week holiday to see the vast countryside, relax in the beautiful beach side town of Kep, or explore the ancient wonder of Angkor Wat. This term takes place during the “hot” season which promises to deliver on its namesake, but also covers the culturally significant holiday of Khmer New Year.