The vision of CEOSS's ministry in rural upper Egypt is to serve subsistence farmers by providing a network hub for sharing services and enabling a democratic voice to empower the farmers.
CEOSS established its ministry in upper Egypt with a desire to come alongside and build up the common farmer. The overall ministry model is built around the farmers themselves, focused on their priorities in their individual locations. The farmer's roles in decision making are ensured through a democratic organizational structure which is based on a cominbation of financial and social goals.
In this project, EMI has been invited to assist CEOSS in expanding its existing facilities and planning for the future. Specifically the project will focus on 5 primary goals with the intent of incorporating each of the following designs in an overall master plan:
- Expansion of the existing sorting, packing, cooling station to allow for oil manufacturing from greens.
- Design of storage and maintenance buildings with individual stalls available for individual farmers to rent for their equipment at a subsidized rate.
- Design of a mobile soils lab
- Design of a warehouse that can serve as a regional marketing and production supplies center
- Design of a plantation for avocados and dates including irrigation and other needed infrastructure; also two additional green houses for other vegetables.
Additionally, CEOSS has requested that EMI assist with master planning of their remaining land to ensure that the overall property is utilized as efficiently as possible.
EMI is excited to partner with CEOSS and be part of their God-given vision for transforming upper Egypt. Will you consider using your skills to walk alongside and serve this ministry?
Master planner with agricultural experience and 1-2 building design architects
Experience with agricultural master planning and design