A chance to get together with other local people interested in EMI and gain some CPD
Plan now to join us for what we hope will be an informative and enjoyable evening. Network with other construction design professionals and meet the staff of EMI UK.
The evening is for professionals and supporters including:
- those interested in knowing more about EMI
- design professionals who want to gain some CPD knowledge about working in tropical countries
- design professionals who want to use their skills to serve
- post graduate students interested in doing an internship with EMI
- those who would like to support our work financially or in prayer
- supporters who want to know how they can best support EMI staff serving overseas and
- ministries interested in using EMI services.
6pm Registration, food, drink and networking
6:30pm Presentations with a short break in the middle
The evening will cover architecture, engineering and construction management. It will include an introduction to EMI, how you can be involved and presentations on the project below.
Bring your questions. Get involved.
Kibuye Hope Hospital, Burundi
Burundi is poorest hungriest nation on earth. Landlocked in the centre of Africa, it has only one surgeon per million people. EMI was asked to assist with the redevelopment of the Kibuye Hope hospital in the rural area of Burundi.
Dave Lambert will talk about the design of the new Surgery Ward block.
Tony Sykes will talk about the challenges constructing the building using entirely Burundi manual labour.
Life as a Missionary Construction Manager.
Tony will also talk about long-term mission and recognising and responding to the call to such… Tony and his wife Judith have spent 16 years in total in India, Kenya and Burundi.
This is a talk not to be missed and a great opportunity to hear from someone who has given a significant period of his life to serving overseas for missionary hospitals.