Mid-January to Mid-May
- Civil Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Construction Management
- Graphic Design / Photography
Internship with EMI Cambodia T1, 2019
As part of the intern program of EMI Cambodia you will get to-
- Gain experience under the guidance of licensed engineers
- Undertake appropriate research, assess complex problems and refine design solutions for clients
- Document the design process in a project report
- Develop professional and software skills such as Excel, AutoCAD, SketchUp, Photoshop, Photography, and Surveying
- Gain practical work experience in your technical field and Christian ministry – simultaneously!
Each term begins with an orientation session where you’ll learn about EMI’s history, vision in Cambodia, and culture. You’ll also get settled in your new home, explore Phnom Penh, and spend time with staff members and their families.
You will spend about a week on a project site somewhere in S.E. Asia. These trips enable the EMI team to spend hands-on time directly with the client, a key step to develop the best design to suit the client’s needs. Although the projects for this term have not been finalized, we anticipate projects such as community centers, schools, water & sanitation development and other ministries.
In the 1920’s Phnom Penh, the capital of Cambodia, was known as the “Pearl of Asia” - a model city of modern urban planning. After civil wars in the 1970's, Phnom Penh & Cambodia have made strides to recover the lost years driving rapid development today. EMI stands alongside Cambodia, sharing our design & construction knowledge to see the Kingdom of Wonder prosper.
From this hub you will get to experience the rapidly changing yet gentle culture of the Kingdom of Cambodia. During your term, you will have a one-week holiday to see the vast countryside, relax in the beautiful beach side town of Kep, or explore the ancient wonder of Angkor Wat. This term takes place during the “hot” season -- which promises to deliver on its namesake, but also includes the culturally significant holiday of Khmer New Year.
We invite you to come and share this season of your life with EMI Cambodia!