Professional Training & Experience
- Bachelor of Architecture, Kansas State University, Manhattan, KS, USA, 1979
- An Architect with various design firms in Colorado, Kansas and Missouri, 1979-1996
- Owner and founder of, No Place like Home architecture & design in Overland Park, KS, 1996-2001
- voluteered with EMI 1994-1999 - People for MIssions Campus, Zacapa, Guatemala, 5 mission trips
- Serving with EMI USA, 2001- to present, Architect/Project leader (65+ missions), Donor Relationship Manager, MPD Coach
- Rex comes to EMI with 20+ years’ experience, both commercial and residential design. Before Rex's architecture experience, he grew up and worked on the family farm/ranch in central Kansas.
His first mission trip as a believer was to China, in 1988 and has been involved with missions since that impacting first trip. Rex’s first missions' were locally in the Colorado Springs and Kansas City areas with Habitat for Humanity. In 1994 he “volunteered” with EMI, which was life changing experience to Zacapa, Guatemala. He continued on many short term mission trips back to that same project for many for years. Rex joined staff and started deputation with EMI in 1999. He is ordained as a Gospel Worker and has a calling to the nations for Christ.
Rex met Sally while working on a Habitat for Humanity home in the inner city of Kansas City, MO, in 1990. They were married in 1992 and have two adult daughters. Rex and Sally live in the North Gate area of Colorado Springs.
Sara has her BSN from UCCS ( here in the Springs) and is working in Kansas City. In June of 2022, she married Jesse Samborski, they will both live and work in KC, for 'at least' the near future.
Madeline, or Maddie graduated from Kansas State University with a Master in Education, she is living in the Springs, and is working as a HS English teacher.