Professional Training & Experience
- EMI Intern, Colorado Springs, 2011
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering, Texas A&M University - 2011
- Master of Science in Civil Engineering (Structural), University of Houston - 2016
- Consulting Civil Engineer (Land Development), 2012-2016
- Consulting Structural Engineer (Building Design), 2016-2018
- Structural Engineer, EMI Uganda, 2019 - Present
- Licensed Professional Engineer (Texas), Civil/Structural , 2016 - Present
During the last summer of University, Tom worked as an intern with EMI in the Colorado Springs office and went away hoping one day he would be back at EMI. After graduating from university, Tom went on to work as a civil engineer in land development where he learned professional design practices. Eventually he went on to attend graduate school part time in structural engineering and obtained his PE license. After graduate school, he switched fields to structural engineering and worked in that role as a structural design engineer on various typed of projects. He now works as a structural engineer at EMI's office in Uganda.
Tom's ministry experiences have involved volunteer roles, mostly with youth ministry. During college Tom worked with middle school and high school youth several times per week and spent a few summers working at Christian summer camp. After graduating from college, Tom helped lead the youth at his church where his wife, Kelsey, was on staff with the youth program. More recently Tom has been involved in helping to grow his church's men's ministry, leading home groups, and assisting his wife in various capacities at a ministry for teen moms.
Tom met Kelsey at Texas A&M University in 2007. In 2012 they got married and started a new life together in Houston. Now several years later, they have 2 boys and a girl, Henry (born 2014), Peter (2016), and Gracie (2019). They currently live in Kampala, Uganda.