It is EMI’s privilege to partner with The Remnant Generation on the development of a new campus masterplan for their Hope City campus. Located in Myanzi, Uganda, the Hope City campus will be "a place where the broken and poor will experience the true love of God and hear the good news; where every girl will find their voice and freedom to dream and become that which God created them to be; where God will rewrite stories of desperation and oppression into stories of hope and inspiration."
The Remnant Generation (TRG) is a ministry founded by a survivor of sexual abuse and child marriage in Uganda. Her personal story and experience inspired her call to reach, rescue and restore lives of abused girls. TRG focuses on rescuing and restoring pregnant teen girls who have survived sexual assault. TRG invests in their flourishing by providing safe spaces, spiritual nurturing, counselling, access to education and job training. At the center of all TRG does is the redeeming power of Jesus.Their hope is to see healed and empowered girls restored to their communities - transforming a culture of shame into a culture of grace.
In 2019, TRG acquired a 20-acre property at Myanzi where they would like to:
- Construct a bigger Princess shelter (transitional restoration center)
- Establish a birthing center to provide health servicesto teen pregnant girls
- Set up a one-of-a kind healing space & chapel
- Construct and run a fully registered and functional School of Purpose
- A child friendly and uplifting environment with recreation services
- Establish projects/facilities that will provide learning and business opportunities as a means of enabling program sustainability.
This EMI team will work with TRG leadership and stakeholders to assess the current programs, desired growth, and projected needs to develop a strategic approach for the future growth of the Hope City campus. Outcomes of this process will include a survey, masterplan layout, infrastructure design, and conceptual-level architectural design for the priority facilities.
We are looking to mobilize a team of EMI staff and volunteers to Uganda for two weeks in January/February 2022. Will you prayerfully consider joining us in designing a world of hope for teen women of Uganda?
— Thomas Gruen, EMI Uganda trip leader