Cambodia has been experiencing a period of rapid development and urbanization. With this, a still recovering education system, and a young & growing church; Cambodia is ripe for the ministry of EMI. EMI Cambodia staff work for the EMI-affiliated company, Petram Cambodia. As a business, Petram upholds the vision, mission, and core values of EMI. Petram Cambodia has a focus to cultivate and launch influential leaders in their home, church, and community.
Like many parts of the world, construction quality can sometimes be uncertain. From day one, EMI Cambodia has been asked to assist ministries in navigating the construction process since many of our clients are unfamiliar with capital projects. Having an EMI construction manager helps bridge the gap between ministry leaders and the construction process, providing them peace of mind. EMI Cambodia construction managers work to ensure designs get built properly, often working directly with contractors as an owner’s representative. This means that construction managers will have a unique position to be Christ on our construction sites.
In addition to the typical EMI Staff / Associate Staff prerequisites, candidates for this position must have:
- Willing and able to relocate to Cambodia and learn the Khmer language.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering or similar required.
- 4+ years relevant experience and a strong track record of success in site engineering roles.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain schedules.
- Proficient in programs such as: Word, Excel, MS Project, Outlook, Power Point, and AutoCAD.
- Strong leadership and ability to lead multi-national multi-discipline teams.
The following are essential responsibilities for this position:
- Spiritual and professional discipleship through EMI’s programmes and opportunities.
- Create and maintain construction project schedule and budget.
- Produce regular financial reports.
- Oversee the procurement of materials, ensuring fair rates and good quality.
- Inspect on-site works for safety and quality.
- Manage general contractors and/or subcontractors to contract requirements.