We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Architect, Civil or WASH Engineer, or Construction Manager Mentor to join our team and provide guidance and mentorship to aspiring professionals in the field of architecture or civil engineering. As a mentor, you will play a vital role in shaping the careers of emerging talents, sharing your expertise, and fostering their growth and development. This position offers a unique opportunity to make a significant impact on the next generation of architects or civil engineers and contribute to the advancement of the industry.
Responsibilities include providing one-on-one guidance and mentorship to aspiring professionals; offering advice, sharing knowledge, and supporting their professional development, sharing your in-depth knowledge and expertise in architectural design, construction methods, project management, structural engineering, or any other relevant areas to help mentees develop a strong foundation and hone their technical skills; offering assistance and guidance to mentees in their project work, reviewing design concepts, providing feedback on technical aspects, and encouraging innovative thinking;
If you are passionate about sharing your expertise and guiding the next generation of architects or engineers, we invite you to apply for this rewarding position. Help shape the future of the profession and contribute to the success of emerging talents.
Join our EMI Cambodia team and use your profession and experience to serve others!
In addition to the typical EMI Staff prerequisites, candidates for this position must have:
- Participated on an EMI Project Trip within the last 12 months.
- Willingness and ability to relocate to Cambodia.
- Extensive professional experience (20+ yrs) as an architect, civil or WASH engineer or construction manager, with a strong portfolio of completed projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture, Civil Engineering, or a related field (Master's degree preferred).
- Professional license to practice.
- Demonstrated leadership experience, with ability to mentor others and effectively lead teams.
- Working knowledge of computers and demonstrated experience in the use of standard business productivity and design software.
- Excellent knowledge of architectural design principles, construction techniques, or civil engineering concepts.
- Proven track record of successful project management and the ability to handle complex architectural or civil engineering challenges.
- Strong mentoring and coaching skills, with the ability to motivate and inspire aspiring professionals.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build rapport and establish meaningful connections with mentees.
- Up-to-date knowledge of industry trends, codes, regulations, and emerging technologies.
- Patience, empathy, and a genuine interest in supporting the growth and development of others.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, demonstrating strong organizational and time management skills.
The following are essential responsibilities of the Project Leader position:
- Mentorship: Provide one-on-one guidance and mentorship to aspiring architects or civil engineers, offering advice, sharing knowledge, and supporting their professional development.
- Discipleship: Engage in spiritual and professional development through EMI's programs and opportunities.
- Technical Expertise: Share your in-depth knowledge and expertise in architectural design, construction methods, project management, structural engineering, or any other relevant areas to help mentees develop a strong foundation and hone their technical skills.
- Project Support: Offer assistance and guidance to mentees in their project work, reviewing design concepts, providing feedback on technical aspects, and encouraging innovative thinking.
- Professional Etiquette: Guide mentees on professional conduct, ethical practices, and effective communication, helping them develop the necessary soft skills for successful client interactions and collaboration.
- Industry Insights: Keep mentees updated on the latest trends, advancements, and best practices in architecture or civil engineering, sharing industry insights and facilitating networking opportunities.
- Portfolio and Resume Review: Review and provide constructive feedback on mentees' portfolios, resumes, and job applications, ensuring they showcase their skills and accomplishments effectively.
- Resource Recommendation: Recommend relevant books, articles, online resources, workshops, and conferences that can further enhance mentees' knowledge and skills.
- Track Progress: Monitor the progress of mentees, identify areas of improvement, and develop personalized action plans to address their specific needs and goals.
- Collaboration: Collaborate with other mentors and professionals within the organization to create a supportive and nurturing environment for mentees and promote a culture of continuous learning.