EMI Cambodia is one of the newest EMI locations serving the Southeast Asia region. Within just one year of operation, Petram Cambodia has grown from 8 staff to 16 staff and completing 15 projects for 6 different client organisations.
Cambodia has been experiencing a period of rapid development and urbanization. With this, a still recovering education system, and a young & growing church; Cambodia is ripe for the ministry of EMI. EMI Cambodia staff work for the EMI-affiliated company, Petram Cambodia. As a business, Petram upholds the vision, mission, and core values of EMI. Petram Cambodia has a specific focus to cultivate all staff to be influential leaders in their homes, churches, and communities.
Our team is diverse with a mix of nationalities and skills that is brought to our designs and office culture. A structural engineer at EMI Cambodia will be very involved in the professional mentoring of our young Cambodian staff. Often including the traditional local design components with modern ideas, EMI structural engineers need to navigate local materials to provide appropriate designs while remaining cost effective for our ministry clients.
In addition to the typical EMI Staff / Associate Staff prerequisites, candidates for this position must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in structural, civil engineering or related field.
- 4+ years of relevant experience in structural engineering.
- Working knowledge and demonstrated experience in AutoCAD.
- Able to work cross cultural context.
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented, able to work well under pressure, and maintain schedules.
- Sound judgment and decision-making ability, highly proficient in organisation and planning.
The following are essential responsibilities for this position:
- Spiritual and professional discipleship through EMI’s programmes and opportunities.
- Prepare structural engineering designs and calculations using computer-aided design (CAD) software and computer simulations that are culturally appropriate, sustainable, affordable and transformational.
- Investigating the properties of materials like masonry, steel, and concrete and advising which is most suitable.
- Ensures structural design work is completed on time and adheres to the established specifications, standards, and safety requirements.
- Communicate designs and cost estimates to those involved in the project, including clients, architects, engineers, quantity surveyors, landscape architects, interior design, urban and regional planners.
- Ability to work on a multi-cultural, multi-disciplinary, diverse team.