The new EMI Mexico office is launching and officially starting operations in January 2022 with a vision to serve the Latin American church, reach diverse communities and impact a growing design professional sector.
The office is located in Ensenada, Baja California and there is currently a 3-member architecture team being trained to lead projects from conceptual design to construction. EMI Mexico is looking for an experienced architect who can join this effort and strengthen the team in the areas of master planning and project leading as well as providing guidance in construction, client relationships and overall architecture philosophy for the office.
Work is beginning to line up for the coming years and we look forward to a wide variety of types of projects and levels of involvement with our ministry clients.
In addition to the typical EMI Staff prerequisites, candidates for this position must have:
- EMI Project trip experience.
- 10+ years of relevant work experience.
- BS in Architecture. Professional license is preferred.
- Willingness to relocate to Ensenada, Mexico.
- Ability to travel internationally 1-2 times per year for project trips.
- Basic knowledge of Spanish or willingness to learn.
- Working knowledge of computers, experience in the use of Microsoft office.
The following are essential responsibilities for the Senior Architect position:
- Spiritual and professional discipleship through EMI's programs.
- Encourage and counsel client ministry and archtecture staff.
- Perform architecture design, analysis and drafting on projects.
- Perform architecture review and consultation.
- Encourage, lead and mentor interns and younger staff in architecture.
- Help to develop and maintain architecture standards for EMI Mexico projects.