EMI USA has 40 years of experience serving hundreds of ministry clients around the world. The US office is located in Colorado Springs, CO at the front range of the Rocky Mountains. Our team of around 25 staff run our own design projects, as well as support other EMI offices around the world, assisting them with designs, and caring for American expatriated staff .
The US office provides master planning and concept-level design services on many of our international projects along with owner’s representation in design-build infrastructure projects. EMI USA is a leader in WASH (water, sanitation, and hygiene), Disaster Response, and has become a global leader in mission healthcare design. As one of EMI’s larger offices, EMI USA has a heavy focus on discipleship of young professionals with several interns and fellows throughout the year.
To better meet the current demand of healthcare requests and to expand our ability to serve in mission healthcare around the world, EMI USA is currently seeking an experienced healthcare architect to join its team in Colorado. This position works alongside other staff to live out the mission of EMI to develop people, design structures, and construct facilities that serve communities and the church.
Education and Experience
- Accredited degree in architecture, engineering or related design field; professional license preferred.
- 3-5 years minimum relevant, practical work experience in applied healthcare design and project management.
- Demonstrated leadership experience with the ability to mentor others and lead design teams.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong track record of success in project leadership or project management.
- Strong cross-cultural presentation and public speaking skills.
- Ability to gather appropriate input and make clear, well-reasoned decisions.
- Comfortable with team-based work structure; ability to remain flexible to change within the work environment and scope of responsibilities.
- Demonstrates initiative, is conscientious and provides complete follow-through on areas of responsibility.
Provide Expertise for Healthcare Architecture (80%)
- Apply healthcare design expertise and EMI standards to international healthcare projects throughout the Majority World
- Lead and/or participate in architectural design for healthcare projects in the US office and with fellow EMI offices
- Contribute to and maintain the Healthcare Design Guide for the US office and fellow EMI offices.
- Participate in 2-3 project trips per year, whether through leading or supporting roles.
- Participate in design reviews/consultation for other projects as assigned