To raise up the next generation of Christian design professionals to be professionally competent and spiritually mature that they may be influencers in the Church and in the design profession worldwide.
What is it?
EMI is excited to present a new Fellowship Programme for young design professionals. This 2-3 year career-training programme will prepare and equip engineers and architects for long-term service in missions and/or to serve and minister within the context of a design firm.
When does it start?
EMI is working to implement this new programme across all locations over the next five years. EMI is beginning the process of recruiting North American design professionals now with the hopes of launching our first group of participants in August of 2019.
What will the fellowship look like?
- Complete a thoughtful spiritual development programme that will grow fellows as lifelong followers of Jesus such that they are better equipped to live out the Great Commandment (Mathew 22:37-39) and the Great Commission (Matthew 28:18-20);
- Biblical and Theological Training;
- Missions / Outreach Training;
- Spiritual Formation – discipleship groups;
- Long-term mentor relationships.
- Gain significant professional experience, training, and competence to advance fellows towards their professional goals (e.g. licensure requirements, academic requirements, etc.);
- Moving fellows significantly or fully towards professional licensure;
- Grow to manage and work independently on smaller design projects;
- Grow to coach and assist interns with design and drafting;
- Serve as a Project Leader Assistant - project budget, recruiting, co-lead on trips;
- Exposure to and familiarity with professional business practices (e.g. management, finance, project recruiting and budgeting).
Duration and Size
- Spend 1-2 years at EMI-USA plus 6-12 months in one of our other locations. (2-3 years total);
- Depending on professional discipline and career path, this may be adjusted or extended;
- At the completion of programme, fellows interested in long-term staff opportunities may have additional steps within or outside of EMI in order to better prepare them for long-term service;
- EMI-USA is prayerfully looking for 2-3 fellows to join the programme each year (total of 4-6 fellows at EMI USA at a time during the 2-year cycle).
Funding and Costs
- Support raising to provide for costs including salary and startup expenses will be required;
- EMI will provide coaching and support to help fellows through this process.